2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
-1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
-3 eggs, plus 1 for the egg wash
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-Avocado and cheese filling
-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
-1/8 cup shredded parmesan cheese
-3 tablespoons olive oil
-7 basil leaves
-1 small clove garlic -1/2 small lemon, juiced
-1/8 tsp salt
Ravioli from scratch directions:
1. In a large bowl whisk together the flour and salt.
2. Create a well in the center of the flour and add in the eggs. Mix them together well. Add the olive oil and knead the dough for 5 minutes.
3. Form into a ball and leave in the bowl, covered with plastic wrap for 30 minutes.
4. Take a small piece of the dough and run it through a pasta machine a few times until it is the thiner. Cut it into squares.
5. Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of a square of dough. Lightly brush egg wash around the edge of the square. Place a second square on top over the filling and use a fork to crimp the edges.
6. Continue with remaining pasta dough until all the dough or filling has been used.
7. To cook the pasta, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add ravioli and cook for 2-3 minutes. Once they float to the top it is done. Drain pasta and toss with olive oil or sauce.
Ravioli filling: 1. Mix together.
Sauce directions: 1. In a food processor throw in the basil, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pulse until desired consistency. 2. Add in the avocado and pulse until smooth and everything is mixed well. Set aside. Strain and move back to saucepan. 3.- Throw your sauce on top, coating evenly. Add more parmesan cheese and some cherry tomates at the top. Enjoy!
By Alberto Escalante